BE A POLL VOLUNTEER!
The Portsmouth Board of Canvassers is seeking poll workers for the upcoming 2022 elections
- Mid-term General election: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
For More Information
Hours. 6AM and leave after all results have been transmitted to the state after polls close at 8PM.
Positions & Compensation.
- Moderator—Oversees all activities at precinct. $250/day
- Clerk—Assists Moderator and responsible for updating voter information and election reports. $250/day
- Supervisors/Greeters--Checks in voters. $100/half-day shift (Two shifts: polls open to 1PM or 1PM to polls close) or $200/full day.
- Moderator/Clerk Assistant--Assists Moderator with overseeing ExpressVote machine and assists Clerk with end-of-night procedures.
Meals. Lunch & dinner provided.
Trainings. Conducted by the Board of Elections
Supervisors/Greeters—In-person at Town Hall Council Chambers
Tuesday, October 12, 5:30 to 6:30PM
Wednesday, October 13, 5:30 to 6:30PM
Saturday, November 5, 9:30 to 10:30AM
Monday, October 24, 5:30PM at Middletown Knights of Columbus Hall, 7 Valley Road
Informal meeting at Town Hall at 10:30AM the Saturday before the elections (Nov 5) to go over emergency plans and address any remaining questions.
More Information & Application. The links below provide information from the RI State Board of Elections website (https://elections.ri.gov/pollworkers/index.php):
- Poll Worker Application
- Poll Worker Manual
For more information please contact Jacqueline Schulz, Registrar of Voters, at (401) 683-3157 or firstname.lastname@example.org .