Tax Assessment & Collections
The mission of this office is to determine accurate values of all taxable property (real, personal, and tangible) in a fair, efficient, and cost effective manner in accordance with local and state laws so that the distribution of the tax burden is fair and equitable. The mission is also to effectively and accurately administer the billing, collecting, and accounting of all taxes in a professional, fair, and courteous manner.
While performing our duties and responsibilities we will adhere to the following principles:
- Accountability to the public good
- Commitment to excellence
- Maintaining the public trust
- Obligation to organizational transparency, integrity, and honesty
- Promotion of fairness
- Respect for the worth and dignity of all individuals
- Tax payments are due on the first of September, December, March, and June.
- There is a seven-business-day grace period without penalty for each payment, but only if current.
- For your convenience, the town has a tax payment drop box. The drop box is for checks only; no cash, please. The box is emptied at 7:30 a.m. each business day and tax payments are posted as received the prior business day (example, drop off before 7:30 a.m., October 6, and posted as October 5).
- Vision Government Solutions Inc will complete the state-mandated statistical revaluation program. The reassessment project will establish market value as of December 31st, 2022 and will be reflected in the tax bills issued in the summer of 2023. The project commenced in January 2022. Data collectors always carry a letter of identification from the Assessor’s Office, a photo ID badge and have their cars registered with the Police Department. All property owners and tenants are respectfully requested to cooperate with data collectors to insure that accurate information is used in the revaluation process.
Pay Taxes by Credit Card or ACH
- Access information on credit card payments for fees and taxes
- Utilize the Electronic Payment Information and Authorization Form
- Tax Assessors Notice
- Certification Form
- Classification of Tax Roll by State Code
- Historical Tax Rates
- Tax Roll Real Property
- Tax Roll Tangible Property
- Plat Maps - These maps are from December 2022 and are not intended for official use
- Plat Maps Index - Map book cover
- State / Use Code Listing
- Vision Appraisal Property Field Cards
- Exemption Information
- General Information and Terms
- Motor Vehicle Information
- Real Property Value Information
- Rhode Island Tax Laws
- Sales through December 31, 2022
- Tangible Personal Property Information