What inspections are needed, and who do I call?

You will need inspections done by the Building Inspector (or his/her designee) and the Fire Marshal.  The purpose of the inspections is to determine the occupancy limit of the unit pursuant to § 314-8 of this chapter, to determine if smoke and Carbon Monoxide (CO) detectors are installed in compliance with the State Fire Code for dwelling units and to determine the number of off-street and on-street parking spaces available. The Building Official or his/her designee shall issue a short-term rental permit stating the maximum occupancy for the dwelling unit.

You are responsible for calling the Building Official (401-683-3611) and the Fire Marshal (401-683-1200) to set the appointments for inspection.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I complain to about a problem with a short-term rental?
2. What are the phone numbers I use to complain about short-term rentals?
3. How do I know I need to register as a short-term rental?
4. How do I register/sign up as a short-term renter?
5. Is the registration fee prorated or refundable?
6. What happens if I don't register?
7. What inspections are needed, and who do I call?
8. How long after I register must I get my property inspected?
9. Can I register my short-term rental if I owe taxes to the town?